How to bet on Dota 2, Items or Money
Dota 2 is a video game… no, a digital sport, that dwarfs its rivals with complexity, finesse, and depth. It’s a game that allows players to become immortal by defeating their competition in tournaments and championships, forever claiming their titles, and marking their name on the walls of the titans who won before them…
There are a couple of different ways to bet on Dota 2; items and real money. I will these in detail below.
Items – Dota2Lounge.com
Dota 2 Lounge is a highly trusted website used by thousands of players, myself included. It’s one of three item trading / betting websites I’ve used, and apart from sometimes having high bot traffic, it’s been perfect. I’ve never lost an item or had any issues whatsoever. A solid 5/5
Betting items is fairly simple just follow these steps:
- Log in using the steam secure login button on the top right
- Select the game you wish to bet on.
- Select the team you want to bet on and the items you wish to place on the bet and click the “Place Bet” button
- You will be shown a message with a trading bot name and code, wait until you can click on the “your offer is ready button”
- Trade with the bot through steam
Tip: Use the filters to make searching your inventory faster
Once the game is over you can check what you won in the ‘My Bets’ tab at the top. To claim your loot you can request trades with bots.
Real Money – Bet-eSport.com
If you’re a little bit more serious about betting you’ll bet real money. These bets make games much more interesting, and winning that much sweeter. I’ve used a few websites to bet money and found that it’s usually always one of the major betting houses that deal with the money part, which is great since they can be trusted. But I haven’t found any that have such a nice UI.
I’ve been using Bet-eSport.com for about a month and a half now. They have a really nice ‘matches’ UI that makes sifting through all the games easy. The nice thing is they use Pinnacle Sports as their bookies, and I’ve found them to also have the most thorough eSports profile.
Follow these steps to bet real money on dota 2:
- Go to http://www.bet-esport.com/esports-bet-odds/ and select the game and tournament you want to bet on.
- Find the match you want to bet on and click it.
- You will be redirected to Pinnaclesports.com where you will need to log in or create an account
- Once you are logged in, find what you want to bet on and input how much you want to bet
- Click submit bets
Tip: Use the calculator at the bottom of the screen to see win rates
It’s that easy. Once you get used to betting like this, you’ll start to get good at determining which will be winning bets and which will be losing bets, you’ll notice you will be winning more and more often, and will eventually develop a ‘system’. I got mine, but I don’t wanna share it, sorry!